    reconnected-no help. When a blank Dvd is inserted the burner light
    goes on, the disc spins, the little disc appears by the mouse pointer
    periodically but that,s it. Thanks to all of you, Alan

    Alan, Jan 2, 2008

  2. Alan

    chuckcar Guest

    What happens if you put say a music CD in the drive? does it start
    playing? (note: you will probably not hear any sound as your speakers
    are more than likely not hooked up to the drive).

    chuckcar, Jan 2, 2008

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Hi, Yes the burner plays music CDs, either regular commercial or
    burned ones. Oddly, enough I threw a burned movie I wanted to watch in
    the burner after my post . It was recognized and played just fine.
    Thanks for your replies. Alan

    Alan, Jan 2, 2008
  4. Alan

    Mo F Guest

    I assume you have finalised any disks you have burned or they won't play on
    another machine, though they should play on the machine you used to do the
    burn with. Another thing to try is using a different manufacture of disk
    which could explain your machine's recognition of one but not the other
    disk.

    Mo F, Jan 2, 2008
  5. Alan

    Tony Guest

    You got what was coming to you for buying a computer with an AMD chip in
    it. This is why most people buy computers with pentium chips.

    Tony, Jan 3, 2008
  6. Alan

    Tony Guest

    Hey dopey, the problem is with his dvd recorder/player. In case you don't
    know this the cd and dvd mechanisms have separate lasers.

    Tony, Jan 3, 2008
  7. Alan

    gregg Guest

    WADA!

    gregg, Jan 3, 2008
  8. Alan

    nobody > Guest

    That's why Tony's K/F'ed here. Even RTS has more brains.

    nobody >, Jan 3, 2008