    reinking an Epson?

    Thanks,
    Larry

    Larry Fieman, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Larry Fieman

    james Guest

    Use, Epson inks and paper and you will have few problems. Use refill kits
    and other off brand stuff and that may not be the case. The Epson
    Dura-Brite inks look best on Epson Matte paper. (to me anyway).
    You really don't save that much by using 3rd party ink and paper.
    james

    james, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Larry Fieman

    Warren Guest

    Wouldn't be too sure about that. I just bought a "half-gallon" ink
    kit (Atlantic) for about $70 from a seller on eBay, and Epson 8X10
    glossy is only $18 for 100 sheets. Figure no more than 30 cents a
    sheet, not including wear & tear on the printer.

    There are some other advantages to refilling carts, too. For one
    thing, it's possible to choose more permanent inks than Epson's, and
    even to substitue pigment-based inks in earlier printers like the
    1270, 1280 etc. with some minor setting adjustments. Also monochrome
    ink sets are available for B&W work.
    You might want to visit Inkjet Mall, they carry high-quality inks in
    bulk:
    http://www.inkjetmall.com/index.html

    Warren, Dec 4, 2003