Ink cartridges.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Billy, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. Billy

    Billy Guest

    Billy, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Billy

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Billy

    Bob B Guest

    My favourite compatibles are from www.choicestationary.com and for a C46 you
    can get 6 for £9.99 and free next day delivery

    Bob B, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Billy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    As good? Sometimes. The compatibility is better now than just a few years
    ago. I guess the clone-makers have realized that too many consumers won't
    settle for garbage just to save a few bucks.

    My take on non-OEM cartridges is this: if the printer is still under
    warranty, I use the genuine OEM cartridges. The printer manufacturer is most
    likely *not* going to honor their warranty if it can be shown that non-OEM
    cartridges have been used. After the warranty expires, it doesn't matter as
    much anymore. So if the printing looks good enough for what you are doing,
    go for it.

    Another thing to consider is what you are printing, and what you intend to
    do with it. The newest Epson inks are designed to prevent fading or color
    alteration due to aging. If you are printing photo-quality pictures for
    framing or archiving, I'd tend to stay with the OEM inks. If all you print
    are documents, spreadsheets, other primarily text things, or stuff that
    isn't color critical over a long time, go for it.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 7, 2005
  5. valeofbelvoirdrinker, Jul 14, 2005