Informational Interview for Professional Development Class. PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Petrucciowns, Aug 13, 2009.

  1. Petrucciowns

    Petrucciowns

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I tried this on another forum, but did not get much help, so I was hoping that you guys or gals would be more helpful.

    If anyone is working within the computer networking field (Junior Network Engineer, Network Engineer, Senior Network Engineer etc..) ,and has a few minutes to spare, may you please answer the following questions for me ,and add anything else that you might find as useful to someone trying to penetrate the job market? Multiple people are free to post if they like.

    What do you like best about your position as ----------?

    What kind of impact has this position had on your lifestyle?

    What kind of advice would you give to someone just entering this career track?

    What kind of tasks do you complete during a typical day or week?

    What type of advancement opportunities are available for entry-level candidates in this career track?

    What is the best entry-level position to enter this field if you already have your CCNA, and are working on your CCNP (Help desk, Network Support, Junior Network Engineer etc...?

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now a little about the company you work for:

    What is the name of the company you work for?

    What is the corporate culture of this company?

    Does the company promote or encourage continuing education?

    What kind of training programs does the company offer?

    What are some goals of the company for the next few years?
    Industry related questions:

    When kind of challenges is the industry currently facing?

    Who are some of the major and minor competitors in the industry (Other then Cisco and Juniper)?

    Are there any likely changes that may affect the industry in the next few year?

    Feel free to add anything you think might be helpful to me ,and anyone else who might stumble across the forum.
    :driver:

    Petrucciowns, Aug 13, 2009