    What about cableing for the monitor ...can this be wireless too ?

    Suggestions welcome.

    NZed

    NZed, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Yes only Logitech..

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...s&CRID=272&ad=hp_lc&countryid=19&languageid=1

    Gregory Parker, Nov 23, 2003

  3. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Thanks for that Gregory.
    I wonder what the prices are ?
    I will check them out on Monday.

    NZed

    NZed, Nov 23, 2003
  4. NZed

    Gurble Guest

    Unfortunately, as usual, Woger is wrong.

    *Any* RF keyboard and mouse set will work, such as many of the Genius
    models, the A4Tech model ($99 from www.prosouth.co.nz), the Microsoft
    sets, the Logitech models, and many others for that matter.

    Just make sure that the one you choose is RF rather than infrared, and
    you'll be fine.

    Gurble, Nov 23, 2003
  5. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Thanks Gurble....
    Thats what I like about the usergroups.....a vast source of information and
    opinions.
    Looks like I will go for the radio frequency.

    However it still leaves me with the problem with the monitor cable.

    NZed

    NZed, Nov 23, 2003
  6. NZed

    Gurble Guest

    Depends how much you want to spend.

    I'm pretty sure Philips have released just that, but I'm not sure if
    it's available yet in NZ, and I'm sure it'll come with a pretty hefty
    pricetag...

    Gurble, Nov 24, 2003
  7. NZed

    AD. Guest

    Now that you mention it - I remember seeing a Philips prototype of
    something like that at a Techpac mobile solutions show 6-12 months or so
    ago.

    It was pretty cool, an LCD screen with wireless receivers for the keyboard
    and mouse built into the base. Unfortunately I can't remember whether the
    connection between the base and the PC was wireless though - it might've
    been.

    I can't remember exactly when the rep said they would be available, but
    I reckon they should've been out by now.

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Nov 25, 2003