INFINIUM LABS IS SEEKING BROADBAND-BETA TESTERS TO FINE TUNE ITS PHANTOM CONSOLE AND SERVICE

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John Zimmerman, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. INFINIUM LABS IS SEEKING
    BROADBAND-BETA TESTERS TO FINE TUNE
    ITS PHANTOM CONSOLE AND SERVICE

    Wanted: A Few Good Gamers To Excel The Phantom Service To The Highest
    Level
    Longboat Key, Florida - June 18, 2003 –– Infinium Labs announced today
    that that it is accepting applications for the public beta test of its
    Phantom game console and service. Successful applicants must be at
    least 13 years old and reside either in the United States or Canada.
    Applicants must register online at www.phantom.net.

    The requirements will be that you must have broadband access with at
    least 1Mbps downstream connection into your home or office via your
    Dedicated Internet Access, cable, satellite or DSL provider with an
    Ethernet handoff. Applicants will be required to provide feedback on
    the service and system. We are looking for hard-core to moderate
    gamers with basic computer knowledge in the gaming arena.

    The goal of the public beta process is to have 100 or more experienced
    gamers test the Phantom next generation game console that supports
    games on demand, game rentals, game demos, seamless upgrades and patch
    management. At launch, the Phantom will be the fastest console on the
    market and will include a broad selection of pre-loaded games, games
    on-demand and game rentals. We expect our Beta launch to begin in Q4
    2003.

    The game console is an "always on broadband device" which will allow
    gamers a wealth of options, from wireless connectivity to massive
    multiplayer capability to allowing gamers to demo games before
    purchasing or subscribing.

    Infinium Labs expects to unveil the Phantom to public audiences for
    the first time in late summer at the Ultimate Gamers Expo - August
    15-17th, 2003.

    About Infinium Labs

    Infinium Labs Corporation was formed in October 2002 as a global
    entertainment/gaming company. Infinium Labs' mission is to market a
    gaming console and delivery system that will be the performance leader
    in the game playing entertainment industry. The company will market a
    robust game console that will appeal to a wide audience with its ease
    of use, quality assurance and robust delivery system. For more
    information, please visit www.infiniumlabs.com or www.phantom.net and
    view send a email to the appropriate contacts within our
    organization..

    # # #

    Press Contact:
    Alex Josef/John Foster
    Zeitgeist Communications
    310/392-4330

    John Zimmerman, Jun 28, 2003

  2. it's just a scam to collect information. don't fall for it.

    John Ashcroft, Jun 29, 2003

  3. it's just a scam to collect information. don't fall for it.

    John Ashcroft, Jun 29, 2003
  4. John Zimmerman

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    I dunno, it could be real... At least the domain and IP# claim to have
    been registered to Infinitum Labs.

    If they're very close to releasing the product, they could be ready to do
    a larger public beta program, but 100 sounds awfully small. Considering how
    dependent this thing is going to be on the internet, you'd think they'd
    want at least 1000 testers scattered around the nation.

    Doug Jacobs, Jul 12, 2003