    Likes Received:
    0
    Lost the MySQL database again, this is getting f'n pathetic. Well we're back with a new affiliate and a new method to hopefully generate a couple bucks to keep the site going. Teaming up with Skinsane and designing custom skins for XBoxes, PS2's, PSP's, iPods and XBox360's. Check it out.

    The Modfather, Feb 28, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sounds good.

    bigal, Mar 1, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I hope your not going to recommend Giggle Hosting?

    Well at least its back :)

    unholy, Mar 1, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I can't recommend their reseller (the company they use for hosting) but they are looking at changing that now. Apparantly they're now being accused of excessive MySQL database usage for their main site. A site that I put together and run for them so I know that's a load of BS. I told Jen (one of the owners, the other is Bill, you guys know him from my site) that she should seriously consider changing resellers.

    The Modfather, Mar 1, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ok, I switched everything, it's all brand new. I've scrapped both Nuke and phpBB, the site is now using Joomla and VB (same as here).

    The Modfather, Mar 3, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    OWNAGE :) even the default theme for the forums looks alright man

    unholy, Mar 5, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah but it's so.... default.

    I'm liking the new Joomla front end too, there are things I'd like it to do that it can't but, I'll find workarounds as I learn the program I'm sure.

    The Modfather, Mar 5, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yo, guys! I need yer input!

    I put an assload of work into getting the site rebuilt and I could use some feedback, could y'all go look and post in the new forums and all that so I know what ya think? I've gotten some comments from family but that's about it.

    The Modfather, Mar 10, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We're part of your extended family. Our biased inputs wouldn't be fair....

    bigal, Mar 10, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sure they would, Unholy said he didn't care for the double right side menu, I'm giving that some thought. You can give creative critiques, ya know? Or if you honestly think it's good say so. Either way, go on there and post so I don't feel so lonely. :)

    The Modfather, Mar 11, 2006