    Location:
    Australia
    sounds like one hell of a plan :)

    unholy, Jan 23, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Saw, replied, we'd need to get the word out there about the site though. Gotta get activity and to do that we need content, so, c'mon guys, write stuff! :)

    The Modfather, Jan 23, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    let me buy my 64 first :p ps. i aint getting a x2 anymore :p

    unholy, Jan 23, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    So what are you getting instead?

    XhArD, Jan 24, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    juse a Venice or Winne 3000+ aka a AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939 3000+ :) and a 200 gb hdd :)

    unholy, Jan 24, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wait a minute...

    You have a single-core Athlon 64 already. You should get a dual core Athlon X2 3800+. Lovely CPU it is. I like mine so much that I tuck it into it's socket every night.....:stupid:

    bigal, Jan 24, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    if you want to sponsor :p i just want my test bed up :p

    unholy, Jan 24, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Al, you have an unhealthy relationship with your CPU, you should seek counciling.

    Also, that must get expensive, all that thermal paste.

    The Modfather, Jan 24, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's worth the...

    ...protection it affords. You never know where those CPUs go at night, so it's better to be safe than sorry.:hmm2:

    bigal, Jan 24, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    But you just said you tuck them in at night, so you know where they are at night, you're confusing me with these tales of rampant CPUs running around at night doing naughty things after being tucked into their sockets.

    The Modfather, Jan 25, 2006
  11. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Lol what he means is my cpu goes off and spend night wif the chips! and if i tucked mine into its socket it wouldn't go anywhere :p

    unholy, Jan 25, 2006
  12. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    We're not talking about you dude, but it's okay.

    The Modfather, Jan 25, 2006
  13. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The problem is....

    ...my broadband connection is on 24/7, and those darn CPUs know it. They keep to their sockets, but unfortunately they're establishing virtual relationships with other systems - even ones running Linux. I just hope I don't come downstairs one morning to find a little iPod in a basket at my front door....:-|

    bigal, Jan 26, 2006
  14. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    or a million computers on your front lawn... :p

    unholy, Jan 26, 2006
  15. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Man, that wouldn't be a problem, either of those things. What I fear is finding like, a Mac Mini or something like that, then I'd have to have my CPU neutered.

    The Modfather, Jan 26, 2006
  16. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Do you know which pin....

    ...is the right one? Snip the wrong pin and you'll disable one of it's ALU's. Select the correct pin and it will be as disinterested as an Intel PIV at a business party.:stupido3:

    bigal, Jan 27, 2006
  17. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know which pin it is, it's the 12th one from the upper left in the 3rd row.

    The Modfather, Jan 27, 2006
  18. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Why not just cut them all off. except the power ones. and bee a n00b and attempt to start it :)

    unholy, Jan 27, 2006
  19. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, er, you first.

    The Modfather, Jan 28, 2006
  20. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Send me a Pentium IV...

    ...and I'll enjoy cutting it's pins. And I'll do it, one pin at a time. I'll even take a picture after each cut. Then I'll post all the pictures in this thread. You won't want to see another Pentium IV ever again.:fluff:

    bigal, Jan 28, 2006