  1. Has anyone had experience ordering a dig camera from this outfit? Their
    prices are low enough to cause suspicion on my part.

    Experiences appreciated.

    Ernest T. Bass, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Ernest T. Bass

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Two words: STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

    The following link will give you an instant education
    on Infinity Camera:

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Thanks, I got that feeling just by their prices....what do they do, hit you
    up for insurance charges after the fact? I'll check the ratings.

    Ernest T. Bass, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Ernest T. Bass

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Something like shipping = 15% of what you
    bought (i.e. $150 if you bought a $1000
    camera!), all sorts of BS charges, up to 30%
    restock fee if you dare to say no thanks and
    return what you bought etc. And yes, they will
    ONLY sell you as long as you buy a lot of
    accessories at RIDICULOUS prices (something
    like ONE third-party LiIon battery for $100),
    or else they'll pretend they're out of stock.
    Forget about US warranty, they will only
    give you gray market stuff and charge you
    something like $450 for a 3-year warranty
    with RepairTech (not exactly Nikon, Canon,
    Olympus etc.)

    I actually encourage people to play with these
    scumbags' heads, but then again I'm sure your
    time is a lot more valuable than theirs...
    0.42. Must be an all-time negative record!! (And
    I bet that .42 is family and friends of the "business"...)

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Ernest T. Bass

    Don Wiss Guest

    Don Wiss, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Looks like a slimeball operation....I talked to them the other day on
    the phone and asked why the C-750 is listed at two different prices.
    There reply was, "because we've changed the price, the higher was the
    old price". Sure...probably new, used, gray market and whatever. Next
    time I get bored I'll harass them a little. The easiest thing a vendor
    can do it be up front and honest. Any New Yorker's want to call the
    local news and get the minicam on them? I've read the horror stories on
    the net.

    Ernest T. Bass, Nov 13, 2003