    laserdisc. Has anyone else seen the same thing, or could this be some
    weird anomaly of my player or DVD copy? Or maybe a transfer error on the
    new release?

    Jeff Pearson, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Hmmm....I noticed a similar jitter in a few different scenes in The Last
    Crusade, but not on the DVD (hasn't arrived in the mail yet :-( ), on my
    old VHS. It was there every time I watched it, on different players
    too. And the odd thing is, I also saw it whenever it aired on tv.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Jeff Pearson

    Impmon Guest

    No jitter in my copy. Mine's WS BTW but I'm sure P&S is fine as well.

    First I'd try a different DVD player. If the jitter's still there, get
    it replaced. If not, your player could be failing.

    Impmon, Oct 22, 2003
  4. I noticed that jitter, too, though to me it looks more like a slight
    loss of focus than a camera move.

    I don't have _Raiders_ on any other medium, so I can't compare it to
    see if this is a flaw that's always been present. It looks like some
    sort of compression error to me, but I could be wrong...

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Jeff Pearson

    Jeff Pearson Guest

    The effect is the same on my PC's DVD drive, so it's almost certainly
    either something inherent in the film or a flaw in the DVD transfer.

    Should have checked that out before posting. Sorry about that. Still,
    it's an interesting anomaly.

    Jeff Pearson, Oct 24, 2003