Incredible graffiti covered building in New York City

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pylon, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Pylon

    Pylon Guest

    Pylon, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Pylon

    Jim Waggener Guest

    Jim Waggener, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Pylon

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Not graffiti, it's 'urban art'.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 22, 2007
  4. Pylon

    Obwon Guest

    Yeah, most NeoCon's learn that "Art" has a frame
    and hangs on a wall. So they believe that nothing
    else can be art. Hahaha... It's simple for them; it
    doesn't have a frame so it can't be art.

    Anyway, I like to think of it more as "paint sculpture"
    and it looks great outdoors.

    O][ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ][O
    "You can fool some of the people all the time,
    and those are the ones
    you want to concentrate on".
    http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/george_w._bush/
    George W. Bush quotes
    O][ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ][O

    Obwon, Mar 22, 2007
  5. Pylon

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I also find 'train art' to be fascinating. Imagine, both a canvass, and
    automatic distribution so the art can be enjoyed by millions. Of
    course, some of it is pretty awful, but much of it is really impressive.
    Given that the artist has to work quickly, and takes a risk of
    prosecution, it is an expression one must have a strong motivation to
    express.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 22, 2007
  6. Pylon

    Dave Guest

    I agree. I've just saved one of the 1024 x 768 images. Thanks for
    sharing.

    Dave
    <http://www.henniker.org.uk> 3000 photos especially
    Edinburgh & Scotland. + 3D rendered art, old ads etc.
    Délété david for email; watch the spam filters.

    Dave, Mar 22, 2007
  7. Pylon

    ASAAR Guest

    Some of the impressive "train art" (and there's more to the canvas
    than trains) has been collected in a very nicely produced, semi-soft
    covered book titled "GRAFFITI NYC" by Hugo Martinez, with
    photographs by NATO. © Hugo Martinez and Prestel Verlag, Munich,
    Berlin, London, New York 2006 ISBN 3-7913-3673-8 www.prestel.com

    From the back cover:

    ASAAR, Mar 22, 2007
  8. #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
    Dave, are you a GG? Phoebe_the_Collie
    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

    phoebe_the_collie, Mar 22, 2007
  9. Pylon

    Obwon Guest

    Yeah, they certainly dressed up those ugly subway cars
    back in the 70's and 80's. It was almost as though the city
    was finally gaining some character. It spoke of a kind of
    sophistication in the ghettos that the media seemed to want
    to ignore. Pity that the only "solution" to the bad stuff the
    city has, is to ban it all everywhere. But then, they took
    down many of Keith's drawings, they were all over the
    subways... Too bad they were unable to even guess that
    Keith's "gift" to the city would have paid for many a new
    subway car or station upgrade.

    Those squiggles were worth millions, but the city just
    threw them away. Is there any plan to prevent that kind
    of thing from happening again? Nope, they wouldn't
    hire an art appraiser or someone else with an eye, who
    might be able to tell them what they should preserve against
    a day when it might become valuable. In this case millions
    of dollars that could have helped the city were utterly wasted.
    And it's approved because ignorance is acceptable!

    Obwon

    Obwon, Mar 23, 2007
  10. Pylon

    Deuteros Guest

    Since when did this become a political discussion?

    Leave it up to someone to ruin a perfectly good thing
    by bringing in politics.

    Deuteros, Mar 24, 2007
  11. Pylon

    Steve B Guest

    And a troll reels in another one.........................

    Steve B, Mar 24, 2007