Incorrect time & date on Sipgate

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by bacillus cereus, May 20, 2005.

  1. Incoming call on Sipgate line at 5.20pm today has Caller ID showing
    midday on the 2nd January. Rebooted Grandstream, made no difference.

    bacillus cereus, May 20, 2005

  2. bacillus cereus

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Time is correct on my Sipura 2000. Is your PC time synchronised to an ntp
    server..? If so is that correct..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2005

  3. pc is synchronised with time.windows.com, currently up to date and
    correct. Caller ID still showing 2nd Jan, 3.23pm

    bacillus cereus, May 20, 2005
  4. every time I reboot the Grandstream it goes back to 12.00am, 2nd
    January. Could it be a problem with the NTP server specified in the
    Sipgate settings?

    bacillus cereus, May 20, 2005
  5. bacillus cereus

    Ivor Jones Guest

    It might be, try setting it to an ntp server you know works.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2005
  6. when I did the firmware update last week the ntp server changed to
    time.nist.gov which worked fine until yesterday. Just changed the server
    back to ntp.sipgate.net and the time and date are now correct.

    bacillus cereus, May 21, 2005