    bookmark file, but I can't find where the icons are stored. I
    was going to attempt to remove/delete them. I wonder if this is
    a bug or if anyone else has seen it?

    SC, Dec 12, 2004

  2. SC

    Splibbilla Guest

    i think i'd have noticed this if it had happened to me, but very few of my bkmks have yet acqiured their favicon.

    i opened Bookmarks.html with text editor, text search for 'favi' found example:
    ADD_DATE="1098169981" LAST_VISIT="1099917448" ICON="http://www
    suggesting that ICON="
    sets the favicon in each bkmk

    Splibbilla, Dec 13, 2004

  3. SC

    Avalanche Guest

    I just hope the folks at Mozilla read this ng. I've never gotten help
    trying to mail them or MS...no surprise.

    Avalanche, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Not happening from here.

    I know this seems basic, but have you closed and reopened Firefox? Is
    the incorrect favicon still showing?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2004
  5. SC

    SC Guest

    Happens all the time, not just random. The bookmarks I have now
    have their favicons they acquired a month or two ago, it never
    changes. I've three bookmarks beginning with B, they all have
    the same favicon. When I last sorted them I have moved one of
    them into a separate folder, the favicon has travelled with it.

    I also noticed on IE that when year clear the cache or history
    (I can't remember exactly which) that will clear the favicons.
    Not so with Firefox.

    SC, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Funny. Ty about:config. Look for browser.chrome.site_icons. Toggle it
    to False. Close and reopen FF. All the icons should be gone. Reopen
    and reset the pref in about:config. You will need to reset the icons by
    visiting the sites.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2004