    Using Win8.1 with Google Chrome, new desktop computer Asus,

    Thanks

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Jan 20, 2014

  2. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    I found under 'extension manager' a box to check to allow in incognito, but that did not help. My browsing the web still gets recorded.

    Dave C

    dcardarelli, Jan 21, 2014

  3. dcardarelli

    Daniel47 Guest

    Dave, just looking at the name "incognito" .... could that mean that the
    other end doesn't know who's visited them?? Even if Google does still
    keep track!!

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Jan 21, 2014
  4. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    Hi Daniel,

    Well, I found out more about incognito. Incognito works fine as long as I browse inside the incognito screen. What I was doing was after invoking incognito, I would then move the Google screen a little to the side and open one of my links from the desktop. That is outside the incognito screen andthus not protected by incognito.

    When I paste in a URL, then all is well.

    Actually, that turns out to be very logical. Thanks for thinking about thisfor me anyway.

    Regards.

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Jan 21, 2014
  5. dcardarelli

    Paul Guest

    Browsers have a feature called "private browsing" and
    others will clue in faster if you say that, than "incognito".
    It sounds like the name of a plugin or a separate program.

    You would have got more responses if the subject was
    "Private Browsing not working in Google Chrome" as at
    least people would know you were addressing the design of the
    browser.

    The choices for a browser design, are to have Private Browsing
    apply to the whole browser, or just to an individual window.
    Companies like Google prefer the latter, as it enhances
    their advertising revenue. If the browser did Private Browsing
    in every window, there'd be no proof for Google to bill people
    with. They need cookies and lots of Javascript, to prove
    you got your "ad impression" for each ad.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impression_(online_media)

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 21, 2014
  6. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    Thanks, Paul, I find that interesting to know.

    Regards,

    Dave C

    dcardarelli, Jan 22, 2014