    Calendar extension. Unfortunately, she lost all the good stuff that
    was sitting in her Inbox. Is there a way to find and retrieve it?
    Thanks.

    William W. Plummer, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Sounds like she lost her profile.

    1. Have her open Profile Manger. Does she see her old profile listed,
    or does it just list "default"? If it is listed, try starting Moz in
    the old profile.

    2. Have her go to her profile folder, path varies according to OS. Is
    there more then one subfolder in the Profiles subfolder?

    ......Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\???

    How many are there? If there is more than one, her old data is probably
    sitting in one of those.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Thanks, Lee. I guessed she lost her profile and it looks like she was
    running as "default". Installing the updated Mozilla probably wiped
    that by recreating it.

    I used "switch profiles" as you suggested. It showed her profile and I
    selected it. This resulted in "Mozilla caused an error in JS3250.dll"
    I restarted Mozilla and it appeared to be using the profile (Jane Doe)
    but when I look at the Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\... all I see
    is "default".

    She would still appreciate retrieving the lost info. So, if you can
    think of anything to try, please let me know. Thanks.

    William W. Plummer, Oct 11, 2004
  4. All, right, lets think. Take a look in the default profile folder. Is
    there, by some miracle, a prefs.bak?

    If there is, try renaming it prefs.js and restart Moz. If we are lucky,
    that will restore the paths to the mail files.

    If not, open up the Mail subfolder, take a look for the account
    subfolder. It should be called by the name of the pop3 server,
    something like pop.isp.com, or whatever. Is there, perchance, more then
    one of them? If so, go into them and open Inbox (no extension) in a
    text editor, and take a look. Are any of these her mails? If so you
    can transfer her mail.

    Here is a helpfil site:

    http://ilias.ca/netscape/

    Here is another: