    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?=
    'nuff said...I beleive they've offered me my Ph.d with zero classes or
    exams too

    Neil, Jul 3, 2006

  2. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Why on earth would I want to check it out?

    It's enough to be warned that they exist.

    One wonders what other classes are being taught by "trainees"

    Fris' brain surgeon quip might not bee off the mark at all.

    Hmm, Neurosurgery taught by an intern?

    Astronomy taught by a high scool grad with a pair of binoculars?

    Rocket Science taught by some kid with a pack of bottle rockets and a Bic?

    JaR, Jul 3, 2006

  3. Guest

    BD Guest

    << While I was at work, JaR spurted out:
    Hey, I thought it was gonna fly ok...I thought you said you would forget about
    that.

    I mean, come on...the kid still has four GOOD fingers.

    BD, Jul 4, 2006
  4. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Very well said, JaR. But I personally think that other professions are
    less tolerant about this than IT people. You examples about Astronomy,
    Neurosurgery and Rocket science seem outrageous, but the fact about a
    "trainee" teaching MCSE's doesn't seem so uncommon. Wonder why that is,
    though.

    Cerebrus, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    So if you pretend to love your job you get a raise? I LOVE I.T.!

    MitchS, Jul 5, 2006
  6. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    The best. With updates.

    MitchS, Jul 5, 2006
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    it is real

    Neil, Jul 5, 2006
  8. Guest

    Neil Guest

    are you on drugs? If you love the work, you do it for the "love" of the
    work? I know this because my boss tells me so and insists that's why I'm
    not getting a paycheck again this week.

    Neil, Jul 5, 2006
  9. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    *snicker*
    The little one doesn't get it.

    Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he
    won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out
    naturally.
    We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved
    from your end.

    MitchS, Jul 5, 2006
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    this is why I burnt down teh place today....

    Neil, Jul 5, 2006
  11. Guest

    vlape Guest

    We must be working for the same company! did yer boss get a loan to
    make payroll......

    vlape, Jul 7, 2006
  12. Guest

    Neil Guest

    well, sure. But typically we call them bonds...or taxpayers, I can't
    remember which...

    Neil, Jul 7, 2006
  13. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    well, sure. But typically we call them bonds...or taxpayers, I can't
    Ha ha! You work for the government!

    *points and laughs*

    Jtyc, Jul 7, 2006
  14. Guest

    Neil Guest

    when you point one finger at me you have 4 pointing back at you. that's 2
    for you and 2 for Con...(At least it's not a Communis^H^H^H Californian
    gubermint)

    Neil, Jul 7, 2006
  15. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    when you point one finger at me you have 4 pointing back at you. that's 2
    Shh... You're gonna blow my cover.

    Jtyc, Jul 7, 2006
  16. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    But dude, that's a good thing.

    MitchS, Jul 7, 2006
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    pays well, but this whole "you get to work all weekend on the upgrade"
    thing still sucks...

    Neil, Jul 7, 2006
  18. Guest

    LRM Guest

    That happens in the private sector as well. Glad I'm not alone.

    LRM, Jul 8, 2006
  19. Guest

    Neil Guest

    you're more than welcome to do it for me.

    (I thought you were going to be here for this! I feel so lonely...)

    Neil, Jul 8, 2006
  20. Guest

    LRM Guest

    I'm sorry, but I felt rather shunned during our last conversation about
    this. You said something about having it all under control and not needing
    anyone. Have you changed your mind? Or are you just looking for someone to
    run for coffee?

    LRM, Jul 8, 2006