    half-pressed shutter until focusing was done, while now picture normally
    shows whie focusing...
    nice!!!

    SleeperMan, Jul 25, 2004

  2. SleeperMan

    Rick Guest

    Here's your answer:
    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/FIRM/firm_qa2004-e.html

    Rick

    Rick, Jul 25, 2004

  3. SleeperMan

    WhaleShark Guest

    The whole idea of the firmware upgrade was to fix that and one other
    small problem. What I would like to know is which focus "mode" works
    best, the continuous mode or 'single' mode?

    --

    QUIPd 1.02: (479 of 679)
    -> A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

    My photo albums: http://www.pbase.com/sny

    WhaleShark, Jul 25, 2004
  4. SleeperMan

    Rick Guest

    As far as accuracy goes I haven't noticed any difference
    between the two modes. But single mode saves battery
    power, as well as wear and tear on the lens mechanism.

    Rick

    Rick, Jul 25, 2004
  5. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Rick typed:
    True, accuray is not effected, maybe focusing is a bit faster if continous
    mode is on, since focusing is done even before you half-press shutter. On
    the other hand, you're right about mechanism and batteries.

    SleeperMan, Jul 25, 2004