    Hi

    Does any one know how to decrease the RAM loading time?

    Hemanth

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Those settings are in your BIOS. Check your motherboard manual for details
    and where to find them.

    John Barnes, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi
    I have already set all the concerned options in BIOS for maximum speed.
    Any other changes?
    Hemanth

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006
  4. You could play around with the System Cache option. Most likely, you won't
    see much difference.

    [Control Panel | System | Advanced | Performance]

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Tony...

    I have 1GB of RAM on my laptop. Will changing the option as you said for the
    best performance of the 'system cache' speed up my system?

    Hemanth

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Actually, I doubt that it will. I believe the default is to allow for the
    best performance in co-operation with the background processes. Taking the
    number of default background processes that the Windows setup uses (most of
    which you may not need) into consideration, making changes shouldn't have
    any big effect - and certainly not if you are running any of those yourself.
    If you are highly motivated to turn off as much background processing as
    possible, changing to maximising the system cache could have a noticeable
    effect. Turning off the services, however, is a tricky business, so much of
    the Windows internals is cross-dependent, and turning off something that
    looks totaly harmless can have un-thought-of effects - like disabling your
    network. (i.e. internet)

    There is a site: BlackViper.com that has researched the issue to
    significant deapth for Win2k - I recommend you give it a good look and take
    a deep breath before diving in. And if you do, I recommend you to do it by
    defining some profiles that will not interfere with the default setup. It's
    fairly well documented on that site.

    Good luck!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 22, 2006