    newsgroup reading). But no choice for importing a .wab. What are my
    options?

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Mar 1, 2008

  2. Jim Beaver

    Mike Easter Guest

    You could/should have exported it differently. From OE rather than the
    addressbook.
    Tool titlebar) - Select MS Exchange personal addressbook.

    That will import into your Vista OL2007

    Mike Easter, Mar 1, 2008

  3. Jim Beaver

    10_4 Guest

    Export to .csv file then import into Vista. Worked great for me!
    Good luck!

    10_4, Mar 2, 2008
  4. Jim Beaver

    Scotfree1940 Guest

    Beaver wrote:> > My laptop uses Windows XP and Outlook Express.  I
    exported my OE> > address book in .wab format to my desktop, which
    uses Vista and> > Outlook 2007.> > You could/should have exported it
    differently.  From OE rather than the> addressbook.> > > I have
    addresses in the laptop's address book that I> > want to add to my
    desktops Contact list.  But I can't figure out how> > to import
    the .wab into Outlook 2007 (v.12+).  It keeps giving me the> > choice
    of either .pst files or importing from Windows Mail, which I> > have
    on the same computer (for newsgroup reading).  But no choice for> >
    importing a .wab.  What are my options?> > Go back to your XP/OE File/
    Export/ Address book/ (Address Book Export> Tool titlebar) - Select MS
    Exchange personal addressbook.> > That will import into your Vista
    OL2007> > --> Mike EasterI'm trying to import WABs into Outlook 2007
    but I'm using XP. Can you give me any help pleaseThanksGraham Milne

    Scotfree1940, Mar 24, 2008
  5. Jim Beaver

    Mike Easter Guest

    slipstick for OL. http://www.slipstick.com/config/convaddr.htm This
    page lists software tools and techniques for converting addresses
    between dozens of different formats,

    If you have access to OE, use it to Export the addressbook as a MS
    Exchange Personal Addressbook OE/ File/ Export/ Address book - select MS
    ..pab

    If you no longer have access to OE, then you should use Address Magic
    Personal.

    You people Scotfree1940 using GG and 10_4 using Windows Mail are making
    a mess of the trimming, threading, & attributing.

    Scotfree, get a newsreader and a newsserver. 10_4, learn how to
    attribute and cite. If you 10_4 don't know how to use MS Mail yet, then
    abandon it and get a different newsreader.

    Mike Easter, Mar 24, 2008