    address book on a CD for emergency purposes. In trying to import it back to
    OE address book from the CD, I get an error message saying that it could not
    be imported. I have tried again and again with no luck. Suggestions?

    Vann Loftis, May 9, 2005

  2. Vann Loftis

    dadiOH Guest

    Shouldn't matter but Windows is funny sometimes. Try copying it from
    the CD to a folder on the HDD and remove the read only attribute. The
    extension is *.wab, right?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 9, 2005

  3. Vann Loftis

    FML Guest

    Vann Loftis spewed forth...
    Since you mention no OS or OE versions, I will assume whatever is
    convenient.

    When you export the address book in OE, it creates a CSV file.

    When you import, if you choose File->Import->Address Book, it is looking
    for a .wab file not a CSV file. Choose File->Import->Other Address Book->
    Text File (CSV) and see if that'll work.

    FML, May 9, 2005
  4. Vann Loftis

    Vann Loftis Guest

    Thanks.
    The extension is *wab. I thought I might be able to copy to HDD and import
    from there, because I have an outdated copy of addbk that imports from HDD.
    But I am annoyed that I can't import the revised copy of the *wab to OE, and
    am just trying to figure out why.

    Vann Loftis, May 9, 2005
  5. Vann Loftis

    Vann Loftis Guest

    I use OE6 and the exported addbk is a *wab file. Will try "other address
    book" just to see what happens.

    Vann Loftis, May 9, 2005
  6. Vann Loftis

    PC Guest

    Copy the *.wab file to your Hard drive, right click on it, left click
    properties, untick the 'read only' box.
    Then file import.... from OE. Do make sure it is the same version of OE (5
    uses 6's format)

    The next time you backup your address book use the text (comma separated
    value) method, a bit more long winded, but much more 'universal' should you
    need to open the file in another program.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, May 9, 2005
  7. Vann Loftis

    Vann Loftis Guest

    For Paul.......
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that next time.

    Vann Loftis, May 10, 2005