    Is there any way to point TB to the old Address Book at
    F:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\Default.wab and have
    it load the data?

    Z, Sep 2, 2005

  2. Z

    Doug G Guest

    Try using Dawn to convert the file to an LDIF file and then importing
    the LDIF file.

    http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/

    Doug G, Sep 2, 2005

  3. Z

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:21:10 -0700, in message

    Try "Dawn", a free address book converter.
    http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/

    AFAIK TB uses Outlook Express APIs to read the OE address book.
    This requires OE to be installed, and imports the address book
    only from the installed Outlook Express.
    AFAIK TB cannot read .wab files directly.

    Ralph Fox, Sep 2, 2005
  4. Z

    Z Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll tuck that away for next time. It sounds
    easier than what I ended up doing:

    I copied the .wab to a running system, started OE just to get the .wab
    loaded and dumped it to a .csv. Then I used TB to read the .csv. A lot
    of work. Especially getting all the fields in the OE .csv to match those
    in the TB .csv.

    Z, Sep 3, 2005