    when importing existing messages from the OE message store does the
    folder structure come over? I'm currently up to OE6.
    TIA Geoff Hannington.

    GbH, Oct 12, 2007

  2. I don't know if you can import Rules [in TB they're called
    Filters], but did you try Tools, Import?

    As for mail, yes, and again, try Tools, Import. But I
    believe everything will be imported into a directory called
    Outlook which will be placed under the Local Folders

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 13, 2007

  3. GbH

    GbH Guest

    In Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    At the time, yes I did. It managed to import my messages but not the
    message store structure. IIRC it got my account/connection info, but
    failed spectacularly on rules or filters.
    I was asking in the hopes this mechanism had been addressed in a later
    rev.
    I have maybe a thousand folders each with its own rule(s), recoding each
    manually is not awfully attractive!

    GbH, Oct 13, 2007
  4. GbH

    GbH Guest

    In
    Just installed 2.0.0.0.0.6?
    I can verify it imports my folders with their structure and contents,
    also my address book again with structure and contents. I doesn't manage
    to acquire my filters, nor surprisingly my accounts information so I
    can't actually receive nor send email with it. So basically its got hold
    of the data but I can't do much with it.
    Should I be attaching add-ons to accomplish these things?

    GbH, Oct 13, 2007
  5. add-ons: you can look for something:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

    you can search mozillazine:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Knowledge_Base

    you can search mozillazine forums:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.php?mode=results

    you can ask a question of the forum, or you can try asking
    on the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup which is on the
    news.mozilla.org server.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 13, 2007