    the 'Bird find it and import it?

    Cheers

    Jerry

    bakewell, Dec 9, 2004

  2. bakewell

    Thomas Guest

    I had to install Netscape Communicator 4.8, which could import mail from
    Netscape 7.1 (corrosponds to Mozilla 1.4) and then import the mail from
    NC 4.8 to Thunderbird. A bit buggy, but it didn't take too long though.

    Thomas, Dec 9, 2004

  3. bakewell

    bakewell Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion - very ingenious, but I don't think I'll be
    doing that! Looks like I'll have to wait until the app catches up with
    its documentation ( http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/faq.html#q2.2 ):

    Q: How do I migrate my Mozilla mail and settings to Thunderbird?

    A: Thunderbird now includes an auto migration tool that imports your
    Mozilla 1.x or Netcape 7.x profile directly into Thunderbird without
    you having to do anything.

    bakewell, Dec 9, 2004
  4. I think that migration occurs on first installation and creatino of
    your first profile. I've never seen it happen.

    Still this is very simple to do. All the files are in exactly the same
    format. Set up your accounts in Thunderbird as they are in Mozilla.
    Then just copy the data files from the Mozilla profile and paste them
    into the Thunderbird profile.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 9, 2004