    Any ideas? TIA

    Paul
    replace the dot with a dot if needed

    Paul Reeve, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Paul Reeve

    Speck Tater Guest

    Copy all your DBX files and store them in a new directory (Ex: c:\oldmail).
    When you do the import, you have to point to this new directory. If you use
    the default directory (Ex: c:\documents and settings....) you will have a
    conflict error. As well, you have to make sure you have the file
    "Folders.DBX" in your directory when you're importing. Good luck.

    Speck Tater, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Paul Reeve

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Just in case you need a "Step x Step" this is a little more detail for you:

    Do not copy the backup files into the current OE message store or the import
    will fail. If you saved your backup on a CD or a networked drive, you will
    need to copy the backup to your hard disk and verify that none of the *.dbx
    files are marked as "read only", or the import will fail.

    To restore your mail folders, open OE and click File| Import|
    Messages|Microsoft Outlook Express 6|Import mail from an OE6 store directory
    Click "okay" then browse to the folder containing your old messages. Select
    the folders you want to import, and it should bring them in to your current
    folders.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Paul Reeve

    Paul Reeve Guest

    Thanks guys, I think it was that I hadn't copie dthe folders.dbx over

    Paul

    Paul Reeve, Apr 21, 2004