    in my Hotmail account, but i can't recall exactly how to get them back into
    my Outlook Express email account without going one by one. I'm using
    Windows XP Home. Thanks!

    mistuh, Mar 5, 2006

  2. mistuh

    soylentgreen Guest

    soylentgreen, Mar 5, 2006

  3. soylentgreen wrote:
    [top-posting corrected]
    As discussed in similar threads recently, older, existing free hotmail
    accounts retain the ability to download with Outlook Express or other
    email clients. Only newer accounts prohibit this.

    The info that "mistuh" gave would indicate that he already *was* using
    OE for hotmail, and his computer crashed so he is looking to rebuild his
    local OE data.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 5, 2006
  4. mistuh

    PuppyKatt Guest

    That depends upon when you opened up your Hotmail account. The "oldies,"
    who have had their accounts for at least a couple of years, can still
    import.
    In OE, go to Tools/Accounts/Mail/Add and follow the prompts.

    PuppyKatt, Mar 6, 2006
  5. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    Thanks, but i'm not following you. I already ADDED Hotmail to my POP3
    retrieval thinga week ago (and indeed, i've HAD Hotmail for over 3 yrs
    now). I can SEE it in my folders, but when i click on import, i get NOWHERE
    except to a list of accounts in "Export Internet Accounts". And then i get
    a popup saying "the import did not complete because an account with that
    name already exists". Same popup with the exports. So, i'm confused.

    mistuh, Mar 9, 2006