Import wireless profile (WPA, TKIP, PEAP and other settings)

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by sa, Aug 6, 2006.

  1. sa

    sa Guest

    Probably question similar to mine has come up numerous times in this
    Usenet, could not find on my own so i am posting so someone may have
    seen or have solution.

    Here is my situation:

    I work for a small community college. Different kinds of wireless
    management utilities on different student systems making configuring
    wireless network a nightmare. We would like to standardize at least on
    WindowsXP (Zero Wireless Config utility) to configure wireless profile.
    Almost 96 percent of our students PCs have Windows XP. So it makes
    sense to do so. Now, we would like to save Wireless Profile (reg import
    or profile) on removable media, and quickly load it on student PC. I
    looked into "Wireless Network Setup Wizard", but it would not let us
    export wireless profile as it configured. It replaces WPA (enterprise)
    to WPApsk, add PSK WPA key, changes Authentication to Smartcard Or
    Certificate even though i had PEAP selected, and so on.

    Is it possible to force it to save profile as-is? Please help.

    SSID:TestWPA
    Network Authentication: WPA
    Data Encryption: TKIP
    EAP Type: PEAP
    Enable Fast Reconnect
    MSCHAPv2
    Disable "automatically use my windows logon"

    thanks
    sa

    sa, Aug 6, 2006

  2. sa

    mramad

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    same problem

    i would like to do the same thing,, any help??

    mramad, Nov 11, 2006

  3. sa

    aLTeReGo

    Joined: