    I need information on how to implement a primary dhcp server and a
    secondary dhcp server. I also nee information on how to implement a primary
    and a secondary dns server.

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    What you want to do is set up one DHCP server. Then, set up another one.

    Repeat this process for DNS.

    Briscobar, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    It is true as KB said but you have to use the 80/20 rule for the scope. Use
    80% of the IP range for the first DHCP server and 20% for the second one.
    Make sure you have excluded the associated IP address range on each DHCP
    server.
    Another method you can use is to deploy DHCP clustering which inturn can
    serve as load balancing also. However, be aware of some application that is
    not cluster aware. Good luck

    Frank Nguyen
    MCP, MCSE

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    About the DNS servers, you can do the same for clustering, or deploy one DNS
    server for each subnet and then create zones on each DNS server which will
    allow them to update each other.

    Frank Nguyen
    MCP, MCSE

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006
  5. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    You're an MCSE -AND- an MCP?!

    Wow... That MCP must have been hard to get!

    I think you have to take ALL of Microsoft's exams to get that MCP title.

    MSCE is so easy compared to that.

    Frisbee®, Jun 16, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    MSCE ???? Actually MCP is the easiest one because it is the first step to
    obtain a Microsoft certification. MCSE is much much harder since you have to
    pass total 7 exams and have to have a broader knowdlege about network and
    security design.

    Frank Nguyen

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006
  7. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As Frank Nguyen once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Say it ain't so.

    kpg, Jun 16, 2006
  8. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    I tried what you said and now have 4 DHCP servers and no DNS servers. WHY
    CAN'T YOU HELP ME?

    MitchS, Jun 16, 2006
  9. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    Someone call maintenance! We need a new sarcasm meter installed pronto.

    MitchS, Jun 16, 2006
  10. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Well, that certainly explains why he lists them both!

    Just don't tell the people in HR that the MCP is the easiest. Shhhh.

    Frisbee®, Jun 16, 2006
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    It seems to me :)

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006
  12. Guest

    kuky Guest

  13. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Tell us more, Mr. Obvious.

    JaR, Jun 16, 2006
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well....Just want to tell you guys the truth based on what I had gone through
    to get the certification. It takes a lots of hard works and hands on to
    achive what I have today and I am proudly to show it off. For those who we
    call "MCP or MCSE on paper" because they have cheated their ways out to be
    certified, shame on them.

    Frank Nguyen

    Guest, Jun 16, 2006
  15. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Yes.

    Erm, the reason you are taking a mild ribbing here, is that you posted "MCP
    & MCSE" in your sig.

    That's rather redundant, don't you see? An MCSE means, by default, that you
    have attained MCP status.

    At least seven times, in fact.

    JaR, Jun 16, 2006
  16. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As Frank Nguyen once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    You da man, Frank.

    kpg, Jun 16, 2006
  17. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    I remember this dicsussion from a few weeks ago.

    Wow, history does reppeat itself!

    kpg, Jun 16, 2006
  18. Guest

    JaR Guest

    It's like deja vu all over again!

    ~$.01 to Y.B.

    JaR, Jun 16, 2006
  19. Guest

    Guest Guest

    What? I tell ya...a nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

    Guest, Jun 17, 2006
  20. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Frank, their pullin your chain! (ack)