    able to search using my keywords without actually having the same
    program on their computer. Is this possible? Thank ypo.

    Frank

    Frank Calidonna, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Frank Calidonna

    John Bean Guest

    I use iView MediaPro, which can both write the metadata
    (including keywords) back to the files *and* maintain a
    database. There's a free, no licence reader which is like a
    "read only" version of MediaPro that can be freely
    distributed with the files and database(s).

    Not the cheapest product but you tend to get what you pay
    for. There's a free time-limited trial version of Mediapro
    of course, so you can see if it works for you.

    John Bean, Jun 16, 2006