    Hi is their any free software where i can take a image of a machine with all
    OS installed, and other software e.g. office and then create a image burn to
    cd and then install on other machines.

    NewsReader, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Norton Ghost and PowerQuest Disc Copy can make hd images, but...
    It will be a hassle to fit on cds. Much easier to take the hd out, mount
    it on the other machine as a secondary hd and then ghost it onto the
    primary hd. However, the hd image might not work on a different machine
    unless it has identical hardware.

    Johannes H Andersen, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Maybe you are a total fucktard who can't read. It's either that or you're a
    total fucktard who can't read.

    Johannes H Andersen, the ingested, showering vegan, Jun 27, 2004
  4. NewsReader

    D Guest

    dont we lead sad lives

    "Johannes H Andersen, the ingested, showering vegan"

    D, Jun 27, 2004
  5. What? Who is the 'we' you refer to? You and Johannes H Andersen? Or you and
    someone else? Or are you Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II gadding about
    incognito cleverly disguised as a run of the mill fucktard?

    D, the hay and forage merchant, Jun 27, 2004
  6. We do.

    The reply to my own post was an impostor posting in my name - duh, I
    should have realised the crossposting. Hand up, I don't know of free
    software that does the required. I also now realise that the intended
    installing to seleval machines sound somewhat dubious, I was automatically
    thinking of back up of several machines. Sorry folks, I should never
    have replied.

    Johannes H Andersen, Jun 27, 2004
  7. NewsReader

    relic Guest

    I do.

    relic, Jun 27, 2004
  8. NewsReader

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    relic spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself :
    Shhhhh..

    --
    Mhzjunkie

    Programmer: alt.os.windows-xp
    1 PRINT "Windows XP ERROR"
    GOTO 1
    END

    Mhzjunkie, Jun 27, 2004
  9. NewsReader

    relic Guest

    ;-)

    It was just posted too. Around March 2002.

    relic, Jun 27, 2004
  10. NewsReader

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    relic spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself :
    I'm liquored up. And I've got killin a electrician on my mind. Besides, nun
    of these other fuckfaces will know what to do, nor what to tell them. Poor
    bastards.

    Mhzjunkie, Jun 27, 2004
  11. NewsReader

    Rob Morley Guest

    As long as you have a free partition where you can copy the image,
    rather than needing to burn straight to CD/DVD, you could just use a
    Linux floppy/live-CD distro to create an image of the partition you want
    to copy using "dd". If you use something like Eraser to zero unused
    space first it should compress quite well. I doubt you'll get a Windows
    installation plus apps on a single CD though.

    Rob Morley, Jun 27, 2004
  12. NewsReader

    relic Guest

    I saw that... dig a hole for him so it's all ready to go.

    relic, Jun 27, 2004
  13. NewsReader

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    relic spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself :
    He'll not need a hole. I suppose maybe a rag for his bent snout. What gets
    me is, I can put the fucking thing in myself. But, I need a pretty card for
    some fucker to stare at. Well, **** me running backards,naked, though a damn
    corn field.

    I bring some **** up here that can't do stuff to himself, by himself, well,
    so there you go. I'll kill him.

    Mhzjunkie, Jun 27, 2004
  14. Captain America, Jun 27, 2004
  15. And that matters, does it?

    Johannes H Andersen, the tape-recorded, hampering, Jun 28, 2004
  16. Good morning Australia!

    (Why do your footballers wear those funny shorts?)

    Charles Sweeney, Jun 28, 2004
  17. NewsReader

    BORG Guest

    BORG, Jun 28, 2004
  18. NewsReader

    Trevor Best Guest

    Hard job getting it on a DVD as well nowadays.

    Trevor Best, Jun 28, 2004
  19. NewsReader

    Doug Ramage Guest

    RAR gave me the best compression, at the expense of Speed.

    I wanted to back-up one of my OS (about 7.6Gb). DI (standard) compressed it
    to 5.1Gb in about 4 minutes. DI (High) compressed it to 4.3Gb in 13 minutes
    and RAR gave me 3.9Gb in about 1 hour.

    Doug Ramage, Jun 28, 2004