    Beside this, I am quite happy with its day time performance but a bit
    dissapointed on night shots that need long exposure. Maybe I am
    comparing it with my SLR.

    Kuen Lee, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Barrel distortion occurs on most point and shoot cameras at wide angle
    settings. I have that camera, and the effect is less pronounced than it was
    in my previous Fujifilm 2650 camera at full wide settings. Paintshop Pro
    ver 8.0 has a built in script which corrects distortion automatically.

    --

    regards,
    Michael Abbaticchio

    Michael A. Abbaticchio, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Kuen Lee

    stanb Guest

    Barrel (or pincushion ) distortion is a problem common to many lenses - my
    old F707 was also prone to barrel distortion at the wide end and my tamron
    24-135 on my 10d is prone to pincushion at the long end. Fortunately its
    pretty easy to fix - in can be done in photoshop or similiar but i've found
    PTLENS to work extremely well (and its free and has many camera lenses
    predefined) - it is to be found at http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/. I'm not
    sure if it will work for mac users tho....

    good luck

    stanb, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Kuen Lee

    Richard Guest

    Hi Michael,

    Can you tell me how you correct distortion with Paint Shop Pro 8?

    Thanks

    Richard, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Kuen Lee

    Charlie D Guest

    That is barrel distortion.
    Check the software that came with your camera.
    The Camedia software that came with my Olympus 5050
    automatically corrects that distortion in the "edit" mode.

    Charlie D, Aug 26, 2003
  6. Adjust Drop down menu --- Lens Correction -- Barrel Distortion Correction.

    --

    regards,
    Michael Abbaticchio

    Michael A. Abbaticchio, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Kuen Lee

    Ed Ruf Guest

    It's really a new function, not a script per se, no? Looking at the
    scripts supplied I could not find one which was labeled anything close
    to any of the lens correction functions. Also it, the pincushion and
    fisheye corrections are not automatic. The use must choose the level
    or strength of the correction.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Aug 27, 2003