im totally lost

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kerilynnlove, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. kerilynnlove

    kerilynnlove

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    first off, im posting in the gaming section because i only have this problem whilst playing World of Warcraft and Call of Duty 2.....

    lately i've been hearing random long high pitched beeps during game play comming from the tower...even when not touching the keyboard or mouse...

    it seems to happen when there is alot of action happening, or when the game is still....

    it doesnt last any set period of time or any specific number of beeps each time....

    and only happens when playing games...

    we can run the computer all day w/o the beeps...but as soon as we're in game...after a bit they start...

    can anyone help?? its getting rather annoying

    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
    kerilynnlove, Aug 2, 2007

  2. kerilynnlove

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's possible your videocard or CPU is overheating while gaming. I would suspect that it's the videocard. Do you have a side panel fan blowing down on the videocard? If not, you might add an interior fan to the videocard area, mounting it to the PCI cover plates with a flat metal bar or similar bracket.

    bigal, Aug 6, 2007