    configuraation I need to make. I was thinking about installing a
    installing a direct ethernet line to my phone hub outside would that
    help anything. Any and all advise is greatly appreaciated.

    quain433, Feb 13, 2008

  2. quain433

    Trendkill Guest

    Well, and first, 6 meg is not 6 MB, its 6 Mb (bit) and you will only
    see a max of 700-750 KB per second. Presuming you know this since you
    said 600 kilobits, have you tried calling the provider? I would
    seriously doubt you have a LAN issue unless you are using wireless and
    have a poor signal. Besides checking the obvious settings, ie speed/
    duplex etc, which would cause errors and very very poor speed (much
    less than 600kb), you probably need to call your provider. Before you
    do, can you setup another machine and ftp between them, this will
    eliminate your NICs, PCs/Servers, and the switch part of your
    equipment. If it goes fast, you need to follow up with the ISP.

    Trendkill, Feb 13, 2008