I'm Not Lisa (Lyrics)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John R. Baker, May 2, 2005.

  1. I was searching with Google for the words to the song "I'm Not Lisa."
    Unfortunately, I found MORE than I wanted. I found several instances each
    of two different versions.

    Version 1 (Line 10): His hand led her away.
    Version 2 (Line 10): His hand laid her away.

    Version 1 would indicate that Lisa was unfaithful.
    (Well, it IS a "Country" song...)
    Version 2 suggests that Lisa died, and the poor guy buried her.

    So, which version is correct?

    I'M NOT LISA
    Jessi Colter

    I'm not Lisa, My name is Julie.
    Lisa left you years ago.
    My eyes are not blue, but mine won't leave you
    `Till the sunlight has touched your face.

    She was your morning light,
    Her smile told of no night.
    Your love for her grew
    With each rising sun.

    And then one winter day,
    His hand led her away.
    She left you here drowning in your tears,
    Here where you've stayed for years,
    Crying Lisa, Lisa.

    John R. Baker, May 2, 2005

  2. Only Lisa and the guy know.

    Now...

    Did Ruby take her love to town,
    Or did she turn around?

    :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 2, 2005

  3. Thought I heard a sequel to that once. Never made it big. In it, Ruby
    claimed that her husband was delusional, and she was being a devoted wife
    and helper...

    John R. Baker, May 2, 2005
  4. Y'know, I hadn't thought about it in nearly 30 years, but I think you're
    right, John. I don't remember even a hint of the content, or who did
    it, but I do seem to remember there being an answer song.

    Guess she was going to a lot of PTA meetings... :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 2, 2005
  5. John R. Baker

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    She kept going, and danced for money they threw. (She knew nothing
    would happen, he wasn't called the coward of the county for nothing.)

    Oldus Fartus, May 2, 2005
  6. And every night the men would come around
    And lay their money down.

    No, wait -- that was someone else. :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 2, 2005
  7. Down on the corner, out in the street. Ruby and the Poor Boys are
    playing. Get a hickey, sniff your feet.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 2, 2005
  8. 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

    Blinky the Shark, May 2, 2005
  9. John R. Baker

    ellis_jay Guest

    Ravishing Ruby ain't got time
    for guys like me an' you.........

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, May 2, 2005
  10. John R. Baker

    ellis_jay Guest

    No!

    S'cuse me while I kiss the sky!

    ellis_jay, May 2, 2005
  11. Yes, I know. That's the fun part about misunderstood lyrics, see --
    that they're misunderstood. Otherwise they're...just correct. :)

    There's even a site on them *called* kissthisguy.com[1]

    Here's the Beatles section from another misheard lyrics site:

    http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/beatles.shtml

    [1]It sucks; it uses frames; thus my link to the other site.

    Blinky the Shark, May 2, 2005