I'm being redirected after a google search - WHY?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mark Nilsen, May 7, 2007.

1. Mark Nilsen

Mark Nilsen Guest

When I click on a link from Google, I am being redirected to other sites.
    This is happening all the time with sites I can access if I enter the
    address directly. Why the redirect, and how can I stop it?

Mark Nilsen, May 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Mark Nilsen

Paul Guest

Could be a spot of malware...

These guys seem to have custom recipes for everything.

"Getting redirected from google search results"
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

Paul

Paul, May 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Mark Nilsen

Julysuu

1.To stop all JS.Twettir processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager. 2.Click on the "Processes" tab, search for JS.Twettir, then right-click it and select "End Process" key. 3.Delete Temporary Internet files,Cookies,Cache & History of all the browsers present in your system. 4.Check the internet settings of your browser for any unwanted Proxy settings.If it is there then remove it & set it to 'Automatically Detect Settings'.It might be as below - IP Address - 127.0.0.1 Port No - 80 5.Check if unnecessary DNS IP's are present in 'Local Area Connection Properties'. 6.Open command prompt & run the below commands - ipconfig /flushdns.
    7. Remove The registry entries created by google redirect virus: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run lsass = "%System%\lsass.exe" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems /sub

Reference: http://blog.teesupport.com/best-way-to-fix-google-search-results-being-redirected-virus-in-firefox/

Julysuu, Sep 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question