  1. cop welfare

    cop welfare Guest

    (before i change my mind again...or just say to hell with it...)

    cop welfare, Dec 3, 2005

  2. cop welfare

    RobG Guest

    You'll get lots of discouraging words about Fuji products here. Don't
    listen to them. I own an S9500 and I think it's great (still prefer film
    though - but then I'm a Luddite...) Buy with confidence, use with joy.
    Don't worry about the lack of image stabilization - you'll manage fine
    without it.

    Any other happy 9000/9500 owners want to add their two cents worth?

    RobG

    RobG, Dec 4, 2005

  3. cop welfare

    Colin D Guest

    I presume you're familiar with the western meaning of 'shoot your wad'.
    It's not a phrase I would link with buying a camera ...

    Colin D.

    Colin D, Dec 12, 2005
  4. cop welfare

    tlai909 Guest

    I would imagine a lot of people here 'shoot their wad' over the 5D or
    d200... literally.

    tlai909, Dec 12, 2005
  5. cop welfare

    ASAAR Guest

    Waddaya mean? Isn't the original western meaning that of money
    rolled up in a wad? Think of poker and craps players. Aw shoot.
    Don't think of craps, as that has another nasty western meaning.
    Has having the name Colin made you sensitive to mis-meanings? We
    weterners also pronounce the name a bit differently than you may :)

    ASAAR, Dec 12, 2005
  6. cop welfare

    Colin D Guest

    Pronumciation of Colin may differ in various countries, but it's the
    same name, so ...

    Ok, I see I gotta be blunt about this, so here goes. Remember, you
    asked. Money is rolled in a wad, yes, but that's not the meaning of the
    phrase in question. It means to 'come' in a sexual sense, to 'shoot
    your load', 'blow your balls', etc.

    Colin D.

    Colin D, Dec 12, 2005
  7. cop welfare

    Stewy Guest

    I think the phrase you're thinking of is "Pump a gusher"

    Stewy, Dec 12, 2005
  8. cop welfare

    ASAAR Guest

    Come again? I already knew that. I said "original meaning", not
    "only meaning". But unlike that supremely knowledgeable judge of
    porn, Mr. Thomas, I've never seen Johnny Wadd nor the Long John that
    he's reputed to be even more familiar with. I hope that your
    explanation was edifying to some of the more naive lurkers among us,
    and didn't frighten any horses in the street.

    ASAAR, Dec 12, 2005