    apperture priority about 2 stops up from 2.8.

    When I set the camera to shutter priority of 125 it took the shot
    nicely without blurs. The ap priority resulted in blurrd picturres.

    n, Jan 28, 2004

  2. n

    Mark B. Guest

    Read the manual. The answer is in there.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jan 29, 2004

  3. n

    Mark M Guest

    When you shoot in aperture priority (or shutter, for that matter), the
    camera assumes you only want the flash used for fill-in light. This means
    that it still exposes the shot for ambient light.
    Fill flash adds a bit of light to a shot that is otherwise metered as though
    there was no flash...
    If you want to insist on a fast shutter with flash, you need to use shutter
    priority or manual (if you want to force it to use a smaller aperture, for
    example). Or...completely give in and use Program.

    Mark M, Jan 29, 2004
  4. n

    Alan F Cross Guest

    Custom Function 3.

    Takes less time to say than "Read the manual .........."

    Alan F Cross, Jan 29, 2004
  5. n

    Mark B. Guest

    But that doesn't explain anything to someone that doesn't know why they need
    to do it.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jan 29, 2004
  6. n

    Alan F Cross Guest

    .... At least my way he will go to the right section. Until you know that
    something is a Custom Function, you would not know where to look.

    Alan F Cross, Jan 29, 2004