    (apart from the physical threats) and now I'm just glad that I got out
    of there when I did (although it wasn't easy at the time) and consider
    it a valuable lesson learned.

    Rob Morley, Oct 30, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Conor Guest

    ROFLMAO. In other words you shot your mouth off and not only handed
    them the ammunition but loaded the gun, pointed it at your head and
    pulled the trigger. They were looking at a way to sack you and you gave
    them it gift wrapped.

    Conor, Oct 30, 2004

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Tx2 Guest

    [...]
    He may not be able to, given the "tarnished" work record his previous
    employer has allegedly left him with.

    Revenge can be sweet.

    Tx2, Oct 30, 2004
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    mikeBNF Guest

    but ultimately cures nothing just makes things worse and far more likely to
    turn into a non-negotiable end
    been there done that........if it really is 'that' much of an employee
    bashing case, talk to CAB, they'll take them on & it's free....plus what are
    unions for....
    mike

    mikeBNF, Oct 31, 2004
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Rob Morley Guest

    So get a crappy job and get on with life - the "incident" will work its
    way down to the second page of the CV in a year or two. It's about
    looking forwards, not backwards.

    Rob Morley, Oct 31, 2004
  6. You have no idea about what happened, so you can't comment. Conor, you
    are a disgrace to Usenet.

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=, Oct 31, 2004
  7. I've been applying for crappy jobs, but haven't even been offered an
    interview. I would love to move on with my life but it's hard when
    you're stuck in a rut, like I am at the moment.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=, Oct 31, 2004
  8. There's nothing to negotiate, they sacked me and that's that. Anyhow,
    when I do phone OFCOM about it I'll speak to them anonymously, so the
    company won't know it's me (of course they'll suspect it was me, and
    they'll be right, but they won't be able to prove it).
    As for getting legal advice from the CAB, I wasn't at the job for that
    long, so I had no authority in the company (their words not mine). And I
    didn't join the relevant trade union, but the next job I get I will
    certainly join one.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=, Oct 31, 2004
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Tx2 Guest

    [top posting fixed]
    You took my reply out of context .... /he/ may not be able to get over
    it, and to him, revenge may be sweet. I wasn't suggesting he take it.

    Tx2, Oct 31, 2004
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Tx2 Guest

    That very much depends on the circumstances, of which you, or i, have no
    idea. Sometimes letting people get away with something they've done is
    just not going to happen.

    Tx2, Oct 31, 2004
  11. Absolutely. And revenge will be sweet :)

    Thanks Tx2!

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=, Oct 31, 2004
  12. Why not apply for non-crappy jobs?

    Frank Erskine, Oct 31, 2004
  13. If I can't get a crappy job, what makes you think I'll get a decent job?
    Applying for anything other than shit jobs is a waste of time.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=, Oct 31, 2004
  14. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Conor Guest

    Forget the unions. IME they'll take your money off you but suddenly
    disappear when they have to do something to earn it.

    Conor, Oct 31, 2004
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Conor Guest

    Because they may see you as overqualified for the crappy jobs and quite
    rightly wonder why you're applying for it and how long you'll stay.

    A bloke with no qualifications at all is likely to stay at Mc Donalds
    alot longer than someone with a degree.

    Conor, Oct 31, 2004
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Conor Guest

    You need to get a life. You got sacked because you were crap at the
    job. Get over it.

    Conor, Oct 31, 2004
  17. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Conor Guest

    Basically you got sacked because you were crap or haven't learnt that
    as a new employee you need to keep your mouth shut. Sadly you're like
    alot of turds who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.

    Conor, Oct 31, 2004
  18. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Lordy.UK Guest

    but ultimately cures nothing

    Bollocks does it :)
    He's not working there anymore.
    How could it actually be any more non-negotiable ?
    A very good question to which there is unfortunately no known answer.

    Lordy.UK, Oct 31, 2004
  19. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Rob Morley Guest

    ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?="
    says...
    Make sure you tone down your CV when applying for "menial" work,
    otherwise they won't ask you in.

    Rob Morley, Oct 31, 2004
  20. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=

    Rob Morley Guest