    personality on that? my bubble wont get bursted by some
    ppl who are making comments like that...haha ill get
    somewhere with this like it or not so F*CK off.....

    Brian, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Brian

    Jtyc Guest

    ppl who are making comments like that...haha ill get

    I wish I could be 19 again and know more than those pesky adults.

    Stupid adults... where do you get off thinking you know more about the
    world than someone whose never lived in it?

    Jtyc, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Brian

    Matt Guest

    Listen up...
    She was trying to help you..
    The fact is that MCSA's are a dime a dozen. MCSA alone is not going to get
    you the job, you still need to prove to employers that you have the skills.
    Believe it or not the easiest way for a employer to judge you is by your
    past experience. Another thing employers are looking for is communication
    skills, yep thats right, you could be the best tech in the world but if you
    can communicate you're not going anywhere, so watch your language.

    Matt, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Brian

    Matt Guest

    oops, thats "can't" communicate.....I just failed my own test.

    Matt, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Brian

    JaR Guest

    Strike one.

    and ill be ok making my
    Strike two

    plus my mentors at techskills support me
    LOfreakingL Strike three

    ..im just trying to get some feed back from
    You are _so_ out!

    JaR
    Umpire Thug

    JaR, Jan 22, 2004
  6. Brian

    James Martin Guest

    You can do anything you set your mind to, but you will not get far with that
    attitude. You don't know anything about Brat, and there are numerous
    situations that could have led to her being a single mother. I can tell you
    from first hand experience, being the son of a single mother because my
    father died when I was ten that there is nothing that you will accomplish in
    your life that is as hard as that task. Although from what I can recall of
    her original reply was generally negative, is was essentially correct. MCSE
    is considered required for every entry level position I see today,
    regardless of the fact that it's not neccessary.

    If you enjoy IT, work hard at it and you will be successful. There will be
    plenty of natty naysayers along your journey, just ignore them. I first got
    into IT at the age of 16. I opened a home based business with $400
    servicing home users at $35/hr in 1994. Within the 1st year I had revenues
    of over $100,000, a store in a local mall and a satellite office. I'm not
    trying to toot my own horn, just point out an example of how you can be
    successful, when you work hard at it and ignore the negativity--at any age.
    I can tell you though, my business would have tumbled like a deck of cards
    if I had acted like a 16 year old.

    James Martin, Jan 22, 2004
  7. Brian

    Brat Guest

    The fact remains, James, my marital status has nothing to do with this... I
    have worked in the field... I am currently job hunting and I know what
    employers are asking for entry level. I tried to be kind but realistic to
    this child and to give him a heads up as to what the market is currently
    like (unless you live in India lol).

    But if he wants to slam my marital status then tough for him... I am sure
    his own mother is very proud of the disrespect he showed today... but I
    digress... let him slam the fact that I am a single mom... I would rather be
    a single mom than the beaten wife I used to be... and I am sure my kids are
    happier now as loved kids of a single mom than the abused kids that they
    were years ago.

    Brat, Jan 22, 2004
  8. Brian

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    skills, yep thats right, you could be the best tech in the world but if
    you
    what I'm concerned about, more than dropping the F-bomb, is his use of the
    phrase "my bubble won't get bursted..."

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 22, 2004
  9. Brian

    JaR Guest

    <sanipp>

    You are right. Not only that, Sue, but you most emphatically do not have to
    justify your status to anybody. We who have known you respect what you have
    accomplished.

    'nuff said!

    JaR

    JaR, Jan 22, 2004
  10. Brian

    techgrl Guest

    And by writing this you have proven what an immature d!ickhead you are. And as for single mothers - I AM a single mother and I have worked my a$$ off to get where I am and I hope that your arrogance shuts every gd door in your face.

    techgrl, Jan 22, 2004
  11. Brian

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    The fact remains, James, my marital status has nothing to do with this...

    This should go without saying. I'm not a single mom, but I'm a single
    non-parent. Does this mean I'm not cut out for IT either? Oh no!

    You try to help, look what happens...
    I applaud you for this (you know, the getting out of the relationship part,
    not the abused wife part), and your kids are undoubtedly safer and happier
    as a result of this. But this is wholly OT in this NG...it remains that you
    did the right thing by leaving, but I have the feeling this isn't the place
    to be discussing it, nevermind having it forced upon you and thrown back in
    your face. So everyone should just drop it, because it's pretty irrelevant
    to your (or the OP's) ability to obtain a job in IT.

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 22, 2004
  13. Single moms are sexy... I know because I married one.

    --
    Fris "Official MCNGP hoser" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    Frisbee® MCNGP, Jan 22, 2004