    I checked the POP server with Mail.app (OSX) and there are no emails
    from Monday in any of the accounts.

    Phone call just warns of long delays to reach customer service.

    IRO, Oct 29, 2006

  2. IRO

    NilEinne Guest

    I guess the long delays gives a hint something is wrong although they
    probably should play a message (I remember they did once when ADSL was
    screwed). BTW have they fixed their toll free number? A while back it
    kept hanging up on me. Auckland number (I'm in Auckland) worked fine
    once I found it. Internet was down but I noticed this later on their
    MOTD. Then a few weeks ago (long time later) I was calling from
    somewhere else (still in Auckland) and got hang up on twice before
    someone took my call (and it was very fast so I wonder if I just got
    lucky)

    Oh and they do have a MOTD on their website which has more info
    http://www.ihug.co.nz/motd.html
    Unfortunately the long delays mean it's going to be hard for me to try
    and contact them. Can't seem to log on to my main account or e-mail but
    internet connection (ADSL) works fine with the same username and
    password!

    NilEinne, Oct 29, 2006

  3. IRO

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Yup, there appears to have been a massive increase in SPAM a few days
    ago. I'm guessing the ISP admins are having trouble keeping up, which
    often happens.

    I sometimes wonder if it would be best for them to turn off their SPAM
    detection engines for half an hour to catch up (the delay is in the
    scanning of email), however this would probably turn off their virus
    scanning too - not a good thing!

    Fred Dagg, Oct 29, 2006
  4. IRO

    IRO Guest

    Note that that advisory was posted Saturday morning. It's now Monday
    night and there has been no update and emails I sent myself this morning
    haven't turned up yet.

    And I thought iHug offered pretty good service.....

    IRO, Oct 30, 2006
  5. IRO

    NilEinne Guest

    Yeah a bit disapppointing, that's spam for you I guess. It seems to be
    getting better tho. An e-mail I sent myself arrived within an hour (not
    sure precisely how long but longer then 10 minutes). Similarly an
    e-mail from an external server in an hour.

    Perhaps it doesn't help that their server is living in the past
    (actually this is probably more a sympton that it's overloaded). Below
    are the headers from the e-mail I sent myself and yes my clock is
    correct and it was sent at 23:05. N.B. And yes I am aware you can see
    my IP from the headers of this message bit still decided to censor it
    below.

    Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:05:06 +1300

    NilEinne, Oct 30, 2006
  6. IRO