If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take this flight!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Dec 24, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
    situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
    nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.

    So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
    You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.

    Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan.
    They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

    --
    3530. That which does not appear to exist is to be regarded as if it did
    not exist.

    richard, Dec 24, 2010

  2. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    Seen it before. One of the worst fly-ins is the Rock of Gibraltar.

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010

  3. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    Can we say oooops?

    A friend of my father's who was a private pilot used to say, "Any landing
    you can walk away from is a good landing.".

    richard, Dec 24, 2010
  5. richard

    NormanM Guest

    How do you figure? Oh, well, its just you, RtS!

    What about the "Riskiest takeoff and landings in the World"?

    I hope you are up on your Afrikaans. (For the rest of you goobers, the
    language is actually, Deutsch, which is most definitely ***NOT***, "Dutch"!)

    NormanM, Dec 24, 2010
  6. richard

    RickMerrill Guest

    Maybe all the others have to land on autopilot?-)

    RickMerrill, Dec 24, 2010
  7. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    That #2 downhill run was wicked.

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010
  8. richard

    n0i Guest

    n0i, Dec 24, 2010
  9. Yeah, that part was funny, eh?
    I think he makes it up, posts it, then waits to see if anyone
    contradicts the crap he made up ... probably checking to see if there's
    anyone left who hasn't killfiled him!
    He is incapable of that.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 25, 2010