If I do the UPGRADE Exams from MCSD.NET to MCPD will I lose MCSD?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Msft Certified, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. Hi all,

    I have read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for the NEW Generation of
    Certifications at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/

    One of the answers to the questions says:

    " [Are you currently a] MCSD [Microsoft Certified Solution Developer] or
    MCAD [Microsoft Certified Application Developer]? Your credentials continue
    to be recognized by Microsoft, and you do not need to do anything to
    maintain them.
    Upgrade options for the new Visual Studio 2005 credentials will be available
    for those who are currently certified as either MCAD or MCSD in Microsoft
    Visual Studio .NET "

    So I conclude that if I'm a MCSD.NET now and do nothing, I will be a
    MCSD.NET "forever". OK, that's great.

    BUT, my question now is this: if I DO "upgrade" my MCSD.NET credential to
    MCPD, namely through UPGRADE Exam 70-553 -
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.asp - and UPGRADE Exam
    70-554 - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-554.asp - will I still
    KEEP my MCSD.NET Certification (AND also get the new one - MCPD)... or by
    upgrading my MCSD to MCPD (through the UPGRADE Exams), am I effectively
    "losing" my MCSD status?

    Sorry if this is a "dumb" question... but I'm not 100% sure on this one, and
    would like to be! :-/

    Could you answer this, please?

    Thanks in advance!

    Msft Certified, Jul 7, 2006

  2. No.

    Death from Above
    MCPD: EAD
    MCSD.NET

    Death from Above, Jul 7, 2006

  3. Hi,

    :
    OK, thanks a lot for your reply!

    Msft Certified, Jul 7, 2006
  4. Lorenzo Barbieri [MVP], Jul 8, 2006
  5. Hi,

    :
    OK Lorenzo. Thanks a lot for your informative reply! :)

    Msft Certified, Jul 9, 2006