    The only way to do that is to warn people, loudly, of what is going
    on.
    -Rich

    Rich, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Rich

    P Pron Guest

    Rich wrote:
    || That it be hooked up to the net or you can't use it, you are a
    || TRAITOR to the idea of owning movies on disk and should be shot.
    || The only thing that will stop these scumbags from committing the
    || same sin as Richard Sharp and Circuit City (Divx originators) is the
    || mass rejection by people, a $400m loss forf Circuit City and the
    || OUTSTER of Richard Sharp. This is what MUST happen again to the
    || promoters of this new form of Divx.
    || The only way to do that is to warn people, loudly, of what is going
    || on.
    || -Rich

    Good to have a nice, reasonably argued, balanced view. What is an OUTSTER?

    paul

    P Pron, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Rich

    Jordan Guest

    Dude, relax. Since the Playstation 3 is going to be using Blu-Ray you
    can bet the hacker community will come up with a way to feed it a false
    connect signal from a PC within 24 to 48 hours after it's released.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Rich

    Alpha Guest

    I suggest to read the details. It is not a 'connect signal.'

    Alpha, Nov 6, 2005
  5. Rich

    Jeff Guest

    When I first heard about this preposterous idea
    coming out of the bowels of Sony, I vowed right
    then and there to extend my boycott beyond
    theirs and BMG's music to all the company's
    products.

    The recent news about the rootkit DRM found
    on certain copy protected Sony CDs only affirms
    this.

    Jeff, Nov 7, 2005
  6. Rich

    GMAN Guest

    You do NOT own the movie that is contained within.

    GMAN, Nov 7, 2005
  7. Rich

    GMAN Guest

    not everyone has broadband, so how the hell can they expect everyone to hook
    players to the net?

    GMAN, Nov 7, 2005
  8. Rich

    Alpha Guest

    They expect you to obey.

    Alpha, Nov 7, 2005
  9. Rich

    Tarkus Guest

    The same way dish companies expect their users to connect.

    Tarkus, Nov 7, 2005
  10. Rich

    Rich Guest

    People who can't afford broadband don't count in their books.
    -Rich

    If Blu-Ray and HD-DVD require players to be hooked-up to
    the internet to obtain "permission" for playback (like the
    DIVX horror of the late 1990s) people shouldn't buy or rent
    the players OR any of the disks. That incarnation of a high
    definition format MUST die.

    Rich, Nov 7, 2005
  11. Rich

    GMAN Guest

    Dial up phone line?

    GMAN, Nov 8, 2005
  12. Rich

    GMAN Guest

    Its not that i cannot afford it, I cant get it where i live.

    GMAN, Nov 8, 2005
  13. Rich

    Tarkus Guest

    Yes.