    do in order to free up some hard drive space. Is there any risk to
    doing this?

    Thanks.

    monty1945, Sep 25, 2007

  2. Yes, you *can* do that. But first, try reinstalling Nero and then do an
    uninstall to see if that works. If you end up just deleting files,
    you'll leave behind a lot of just. Run CCleaner and do a registry
    cleanup with it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2007

  3. ^^junk^^

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2007
  4. monty1945

    who'sthat Guest

    No, In the big scheme it won't give you that much more room AND you
    can't just delete the directory and get everything. There will still
    be files in the Windows\System directory and thousands of registry
    entries that can screw you up. Try reinstalling it then rebooting and
    doing an uninstall.

    Is it possible to pull it all out manually including registry entries?
    Ya..I used to do it with programs all the time but you have to really
    know what you're doing.

    who'sthat, Sep 25, 2007
  5. monty1945

    monty1945 Guest

    Well, if this program did not get removed the first time, what makes
    you think if I install it again and try to remove it, that this will
    work? How about restoring back to before it was installed? Though I
    installed a lot of new stuff that will have to be reinstalled, this
    might be the best idea, right? I didn't want to do this because there
    are other programs on the hard drive, and I don't necessarily want
    them gone tool, but this might be the best option at this point, as
    far as I can tell.

    monty1945, Sep 25, 2007
  6. I take it you were replying to me. Sometimes the "uninstall" gets broken
    and won't work. And if one were to reinstall and then uninstall then it
    may very well work. Doesn't matter to me, try it or not, but it's been
    known to work.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2007
  7. monty1945

    OldKenGoat Guest

    Try the freebie http://www.revouninstaller.com/ It differs from other
    uninstallers in that it will also identify ALL the ancillary files and
    permit you to delete them too. Best I've ever used and it WORKS!
    HTH,
    OldKenGoat

    OldKenGoat, Sep 25, 2007