  1. Mick

    Mick Guest

    How can I get it back?

    Mick, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Mick

    Rôgêr Guest

    Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    the program file.

    BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    system.

    Rôgêr, Feb 18, 2008

  3. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Sorry.
    WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    Iexplorer.exe is 7.

    Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.

    By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!

    Mick.

    Mick, Feb 18, 2008
  4. Mick

    Rôgêr Guest

    On my XP machine it's located at
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    You probably could just copy and paste the above line into the new
    shortcut's window.

    Rôgêr, Feb 18, 2008
  5. Mick

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    To get the real Icon back and not a shortcut; Right click on your
    desktop and select properties. Click on the Desktop tab, click on
    Customize Desktop, tick the Internet Explorer box.

    Desk Rabbit, Feb 18, 2008
  6. Mick

    Lookout Guest

    Real cheese? Government cheese? Cheese doodles? Velveeta? Squirt
    cheese? We need specifics man!

    Lookout, Feb 18, 2008
  7. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Thanks folks for all your help. Problem solved. Thanks.

    Mick

    Mick, Feb 18, 2008
  8. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Ask the wife. She is the one who made the comparison!

    Mick, Feb 18, 2008
  9. Mick

    Lookout Guest

    AHHAHAHA I'm not about to argue with a wife.

    Lookout, Feb 18, 2008
  10. Bucky Breeder, Feb 18, 2008
  11. Mick

    chuckcar Guest

    Go into add/remove programs, find Internet Explorer 7 and internet
    tools, highlight it, click add/remove, put the radio button *in* repair
    (make *very* sure it's there) and then click ok to repair. it will also
    put a shortcut for channels and IE on the taskbar if they're not there.

    chuckcar, Feb 18, 2008
  12. Mick

    chuckcar Guest

    Doesn't work. The "shortcut" for IE isn't a shortcut, it acts like the
    actual file. Try right clicking and then properties. You will get
    internet options *not* a short cut properties.

    chuckcar, Feb 18, 2008