Iexplorer error message

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo all

    Hope u can help solve the following 2 probs - ( which i am hoping are
    related):-

    Prob 1: When i open Winmx the "log in" window used to appear i.e the one
    that connects me to the internet.
    NOW i have to open up Outlook express as well so that this programme
    displays the "log-in" window.

    Question = Why will Winmx not "open" this "window"

    2 .. when i try to "view" a web page, i am designing in "dreamweaver", i
    get the following error message:-

    "Iexplorer has caused an error in OLEAUT32.Dll
    Ixplorer will now close"

    Any ideas what i can do to "fix" this prob?

    Many thanks

    anOLDun, Jul 30, 2003

  2. what OS do you have?

    Uber-Thrustation, Jul 30, 2003

  3. anOLDun

    bobster Guest

    You didn't state your Windows version. If you are running 98 or 95, you
    could have an outdated version of OLEAUT32.dll. If so, you can update your
    Microsoft Libraries from the Microsoft Knowledge Base, article 197298,
    previously Q197298, or go directly to:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197298

    and

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/...ecommended/S_WUFeatured/Libraries/Default.asp

    I had a similar problem with an app that was incompatible with my Libraries
    version and it fixed it. Sounds bizarre, I know but it worked

    bobster, Jul 30, 2003