    this?

    TIA,

    CJ Morton

    CJ Morton, Oct 20, 2003

  2. CJ Morton

    Steinar Haug Guest

    ["CJ Morton"]

    | At a site recently, we noticed that their patch cable connecting two
    | switches was about 6" long. I can't find anything on what the IEEE
    | recommendation is for connecting two switches as it pertains to cable
    | length. I thought I remembered reading 18" somewhere. Can anyone verify
    | this?

    No. There is *no* minimum length for 10BaseT or 100BaseTX.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Oct 20, 2003

  3. CJ Morton

    CJ Morton Guest

    Not even for patch cables/crossover cables? As far as minimum length?

    TIA

    CJ Morton

    CJ Morton, Oct 20, 2003
  4. CJ Morton

    Steinar Haug Guest

    ["CJ Morton"]

    | Not even for patch cables/crossover cables? As far as minimum length?

    Not even for patch cables/crossover cables. Feel free to ask the same
    question on comp.dcom.lans.ethernet, where you may get an answer from
    Rich Seifert - he is *the* authority on Ethernet.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Oct 20, 2003