IEEE device driver fails to load...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by M.L., Aug 23, 2004.

  1. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    I noticed recently that I have a Device Manager driver error for my
    IEEE/USB2 combo card . I don't have any firewire peripherals
    connected, but the USB devices are working fine and I don't get any
    USB driver errors, so I think the hardware is working fine on my XP
    Pro machine. I have installed ALL current XP updates. Here are the
    specifics:

    In the Device Manager:

    Under IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers, there is a yellow-encircled
    exclamation mark at the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    device

    under Properties screen::"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

    When I uninstall and reinstall the device driver, XP finds it and
    begins reinstalling it but during the process I get a balloon message:
    "A problem occurred during the hardware installation. Your new
    hardware may not work properly."

    In the Event Viewer:

    "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    ohci1394,"

    where:
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Error: Event ID 7026

    Any assistance on getting rid of this driver error will be most
    appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    M.L., Aug 23, 2004

  2. M.L.

    Max Guest

    USB is working, but the error refers to FireWire (which is IEEE 1394).

    USB is not related to FireWire.

    I suspect you need to install or load a FireWire driver to get rid of
    this -- even if you aren't going to use the port.

    Max, Aug 23, 2004