IEEE 802.1x EAP Type Not Showing

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    When I go into Wireless properties and attempt to make a new connection, all
    goes well until I get to the Authentication Tab:
    Wireless Network Connection Properties -> Wireless Networks -> Add -> (New
    Window) Authentication
    Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network
    I need this to connect to my school's wireless network. I had an issue with
    WMI, but I repaired the corrupt files and WMI works, however, I think there
    might be an issue with rasppp.dll because I noticed in regedit that's where
    EAP/PEAP stuff is located. I might be wrong, this is just hours of stumbling
    about.
    I have the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter on PRO/100 VE
    Network Connection (Centrino 802.11b Gateway 200ARC laptop)
    WinXP Professional Service Pack 2
    So if anyone can somehow assist in getting me to the point where I can allow
    my smart card to use PEAP for my school's network, that'd be awesome.

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Guest, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Chris Gual [MSFT], Nov 18, 2004