IE9 for XP x64 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by roman modic, Mar 17, 2010.

  1. roman modic

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, Mar 17, 2010

  2. There is virtually no chance that there will ever be an IE9 for XP x64. I
    have no insider knowledge at all on this, but anyone with any knowledge of
    where MS and the IT world is knows that XP x64 is a dead end. It was an
    essential step forward to allow for 64-bit computing on the client side, but
    it has always been a limited product that was viewed as a stopgap.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 17, 2010

  3. roman modic

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    BTW, here is a "nice" description:

    http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/ne...id-the-right-thing-in-ditching-xp-for-ie9.ars

    "64-bit XP is a bastard hybrid of Windows XP
    and Windows Server 2003, with the result that
    much 64-bit software that works properly on
    Vista and 7 fails to work properly or at all
    on XP 64"

    Regards, Roman

    roman modic, Apr 12, 2010