    prevent me scraping them on the ground.

    What's next, an evaluation of cars based on how well they do at
    stopping you getting lost or falling asleep behind the wheel?

    AD., Aug 16, 2009

  3. Woger

    Gordon Guest

    Many a true word said in jest.

    What one heras is 99% sounds, what one sees/"reads" is 88% of no
    interest. What one experiences is real to one.

    So I experience a whole lot of crap which is out of the sewer.

    Gordon, Aug 16, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 16, 2009
  5. Woger

    Nighthawk Guest

    Nighthawk, Aug 16, 2009
  6. Woger

    impossible Guest

    IE8 has zero unpatched vulnerabilities in 2009
    Opera 9 has zero unpatched vulnerabilities in 2009
    Firefox 3.5 has zero unpatched vulnerabilitiues in 2009

    All browsers securely patched. What's your point.

    impossible, Aug 16, 2009
  7. Woger

    thingy Guest

    So MS and ie8 is making the web safer for cretins....good on
    them....finally.

    An more important feature for me is ad-blocking....can ie 8 do that?
    Im not aware it can...

    Can ie8 run on Mac, Linux and Windows?....Im not aware it can...

    Can ie8 be customised? to the same extent as FF?

    Can I add adblock?

    WOT?

    I would certainly like to see how well FF does with WOT added.

    Oh and more importantly this is only a blocking technology, its flawed
    in that to actually test the real impact of a malicious site we should
    be looking at the actual infection rate....ie consider the depth of
    the defences...

    So the same argument can be considerd for Linux when you look at
    antivirus products...no one wastes money installing an anti-virus
    product on Linux, because the unlying OS cant be infected....

    So a test with say anti-virus on windows and then on Linux showing the
    anti-virus product protects windows better than Linux is meaningless.

    Oh and MS is spending a fortune protecting its ie8 share....which is
    interesting it feels it has to....

    NSS labs has always been a MS sucker....they are just showing one
    aspect of a/the problem...when you consider it overall this would be
    just one aspect.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Aug 18, 2009
  8. Woger

    Max Burke Guest

    The majority of Ordinary computer users = cretins. (to you)
    But hey that's Linux advocacy for you...
    Neither can Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc, etc, etc...

    Unless you install and add on to specifically block adds.

    A good one for IE 6,7 and 8 is IE Pro.
    http://www.ie7pro.com/

    Add Block plus for Firefox
    http://www.ie7pro.com/

    The others I dont know about as I've never bothered using them long
    enough to find out what's available.
    Does it *need to?*
    Yes.
    http://www.ieaddons.com/en/ (for starters)
    No. Because the Adblock creators have NOT made an IE version.
    You should get back to them and ask *THEM* why.

    Snip the usual quasi religous crap about Linux

    You know when you 'Linux advocates' stop believing all other computer
    users as cretins [sic], other computer user might start listening to
    what you have to say about Linux....

    Max Burke, Aug 18, 2009
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 19, 2009